- Physiotherapist – Bachelor of Science, SUNY Downstate Medical Center USA and Master of Science, Long Island University USA
- Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner UK
- Attended continuing education in the Feldenkrais Method with Chava Shelhav in Israel , and, with Ruthy Alon, Gaby Yaron in the 1990’s
- Trained as a Feldenkrais Practitioner with David Zemach-Bersin (Montclair New Jersey 1990)
- Tai Chi & Qigong Instructor, International Tai Chi Alliance US/UK/China
- Member of Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapy (AACP) UK
- Completed post graduate training for professionals of the Feldenkrais method : Working With Children – a practice oriented advanced training with theory and techniques from the Feldenkrais Method and Anat Baniel Method (ABM) Neuromovement with Nancy Aberle (Zurich)& Lynn Bullock (Paris)
For over 30 years Sukyee has worked with people suffering from orthopaedic, neurological problems and pain. In her training as a Feldenkrais Practitioner she has integrated her knowledge of anatomy, physiology and neuroscience in her practice by guiding her clients to move with ease and comfort, combining the somatic learning model of Feldenkrais Method and Physiotherapy. Along with the slow, smooth and continuous mindful movements in Tai Chi for Health programme Sukyee enables the students to move with better balance by teaching them how to optimally use their breath and internal strength (Qi) to enhance flexibility. Sukyee uses her skills from physiotherapy, Feldenkrais Method and Tai Chi underpinning her holistic approach in her practice. Acupuncture may be used alongside physiotherapy treatment to treat a range of health problems such a as low back pain, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis, anxiety, stress, insomnia and pain.
Sukyee has worked extensively with infants and children with special needs, and developmental challenges.
“Through awareness, we can learn to move with astonishing lightness and freedom at almost any age.” – Moshe Feldenkrais